Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How old are you?!

Last week J and I had a meeting with his bishop since we just got engaged. He tried to set a wedding date at the temple and they asked him if he had a clearance from his bishop so we went to meet with him. Turns out they were just asking if he had been married before and if it was cleared through his bishop..so we really didnt need to go meet with him haha but we had a talk anyways, his bishop smiles and asks..How old are you? I laugh and say 20! He then proceeds to tell me I have a very young looking face. I get it, 20 isnt very old to be getting married but I laugh when people think I look even younger than that. And I agree, I do look really young, and being very shy and quiet im sure doesnt help me seem any older. Then yesterday I went looking for a wedding dress with my mom and grandma. The first bridal store they once again ask how I old I am and seem surprised. Second one, the woman asks if she can help me, I say yes Im looking for a dress, she says "Oh for prom?" I say, "No a wedding dress" hahaha she slyly asks, "your wedding dress?" I said DUH! Just kidding, I said yes and she said Oh well congratulations! I get it, I look like a little girl. The end. 

2 comments:

  1. That happens when you get married young. Even though you aren't THAT young to be getting married. Just wait til its your 4th or 6th pregnancy and everyone keeps asking if you if its your first. :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog today. You are too cute Elle. It's so funny when people just assume your age. I've had some fun with it over the years! Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete