Sunday, October 10, 2010

Snickerdoodles

A couple weeks ago Jordan wanted me to make cookies so I decided I would make snickerdoodles! I looked up a recipe on betty crocker and went to the store to buy a few ingredients! I forgot to flatten the first batch of cookies and needless to say..they burned. The rest turned out great :) but for some reason the next day they were super hard! I dont even know what happened! So it also happened to be the sunday that our ward was having a dessert party and asked everyone to bring a dessert. Jordan decided that we should bring the snickerdoodles to contribute something even if no one ate them haha. I was too embarassed to bring hard cookies to a dessert party. haha I made Jordan carry them and I forbid him to tell anyone I made them. So, we were sitting there talking to one of Jordans friends from his last ward. He also happened to get married over the summer and ended up being in our ward! He went to get some desserts and when he came back I was a little worried when I saw he had a snickerdoodle on his plate! He took a bite and laughed and said these looked a lot softer! We all laughed, and this girl near us happened to get up at the same time and walk away and Jordans friend felt bad and said "oh no I hope she didnt make those cookies" haha I started laughing until I had tears coming out of my eyes! I then admitted that I made them and he felt really bad! I thought it was really funny though and told him they were good and for some reason the next day they were incredibly hard! Anyone know of a good snickerdoodle recipe? I am determined to try again haha!

2 comments:

  1. hahaa hilarious.
    i love when you cry/laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You baked them too long. Always remember that they continue baking while they are cooling on the cookie sheet. They were soft the first day cause they were probably still warm. I ALWAYS bake cookies no longer than 9 minutes and let them cool on the cookie sheet about 5 before taking them off. Try this with the same recipe and let me know if it works! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete